Revealed in October 2018 – the year marking the 20th anniversary of the legendary YZF-R1 – the radical new YZF-R3 truly embodies Yamaha’s ‘no compromise’ design philosophy.
Featuring aggressive YZR-M1 MotoGP® inspired styling and constructed with pure R-series DNA, the new YZF-R3 is Yamaha’s ultimate lightweight supersport bike.
To underline the full potential of the LAMS Supersport bike, Yamaha has released a new video that shows the many new features and benefits of this radical lightweight R-series.
• Radical new YZR-M1 MotoGP® inspired styling
• New front fairing and screen gives up to 8 km/h top speed increase
• New YZF-R1 style dual LED headlamps and position lamps
• High-revving 321cc 2-cylinder 4-valve engine
• Compact and lightweight tubular steel chassis
• New 37mm inverted front forks and Monocross rear shock
• Idealized 50/50 weight distribution for agile handling
• New multi-function LCD instruments with easy to read displays
• Pure ‘no-compromise’ design with R-series DNA
YZF-R3 riders can make the bike their own by fitting Yamaha Genuine Accessories that have been specially developed for this new model. New accessories for the 2019 model include an endurance screen, license plate holder, side sliders and tank pad, and the range of items is constantly being developed with new products being introduced throughout the year.
To make the whole accessory selection and purchasing process much simpler, easier and more convenient, Yamaha have created a special Sports Pack for the YZF-R3. This pack can be ordered and fitted to the customer’s new bike prior to collection.
Sports Pack contents
• Endurance screen
• License plate holder
• LED blinker set in black
• Side sliders