Husqvarna have just released the new 2020 FS 450 – the only OEM produced, single-cylinder competition Supermoto bike available on the market.
The compact, electric-start, 63hp SOHC motor is coupled with a lightweight frame that has been designed with perfect flex characteristics to give optimal rider feedback. Power is delivered through a PANKL Racing Systems 5-speed gearbox to the rear 17-inch Alpina spoked wheel and Bridgestone slick tyre. Up front is a 16.5-inch Alpina wheel also wrapped in a Bridgestone slick
Aiding the bike’s superior performance, a compact cylinder head design, which positions the engine’s camshaft closer to the bike’s centre of gravity, ensures unmatched handling and high-speed manoeuvrability. Carefully engineered levels of frame flex ensure excellent rider feedback and straight-line stability.
Braking is provided by a single 4-piston radially-mounted Brembo caliper, gripping a 310mm disc, while a 220mm disc and single-piston caliper work the rear. An anti-hopping Magura hydraulic clutch ensures the FS 450 delivers
The frame and motor are suspended by a pair of WP XACT forks and a WP rear shock, guaranteeing easy adjustment and confidence-inspiring grip and stability. Chromoly steel is used in the central double-cradle frame, while the subframe is made of carbon
Further embellished with premium components, the FS 450 features CNC machined triple-clamps, a Pro-Taper handlebar, and distinctive bodywork with a modern design and graphics to stand out from the pack.
MY20 FS 450 HIGHLIGHTS
- Engine – 63 hp and only 27.3 kg
- Frame – perfect flex characteristics, advanced rider feedback
- Carbon composite subframe – lightweight and robust
- Swingarm – optimal stiffness and reliability in a lightweight construction
- WP XACT front fork – progressive and consistent damping
- WP rear shock – 266 mm wheel travel
- Black 16.5”/17” Alpina spoked wheels and Bridgestone slick
tyres– top-level performance
- Bodywork – distinctive looks, modern design
- Pro Taper handlebar – class-leading function and style
- Launch control – maximum traction for perfect starts
- 44mm Keihin throttle body – injector positioned for optimal flow
- Exhaust – lightweight, optimal performance
- Integrated cooling – maximum efficiency in minimum space
High performancebrakes – shorter stopping distance with greater control and confidence
- Cylinder head – lightweight and compact
Photos: Husqvarna Motorcycles Media